SkinPen + SkinfuseImprove Your Appearance and Step Out With Confidence
Stone Dermatology offers microneedling, a procedure using the SkinPen® Precision System, a device FDA-cleared for use in the United States. With as few as three non-invasive and affordable treatments spaced 30 days apart, you can improve your appearance and step out with confidence.
How Microneedling Works
Microneedling causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
There are three phases to the wound-repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
Your skin needs several nutrients during the healing process.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is an antioxidant. It has anti-inflammatory properties and helps prevent skin damage caused by free radicals.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C helps with the formation of collagen.
- Copper peptides – Copper peptides are known to have skin remodeling properties and help with the production of new collagen and elastin.
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A helps improve skin texture by aiding cellular renewal and boosting collagen levels.
The Importance Of Post-Procedure Skincare
SkinFuse skincare products support the skin cell activity initiated during the SkinPen procedure while reducing inflammation, swelling and redness that could potentially occur following micro-needling. The products in the SkinFuse post-procedure kit deliver the nutrients your skin needs to optimize the results of your micro-needling procedure:
- Purify Cleansing Complex: This non-irritating, foaming gel cleanser removes makeup, sunscreen and surface oils. An antimicrobial ingredient purifies your skin before and after your SkinPen procedure.
- Rescue Calming Complex: This hydrating gel soothes and protects your skin and reduces inflammation after your SkinPen procedure. This complex forms a breathable, protective barrier that prevents your skin from losing moisture. Niacinamide and Vitamin E support your skin’s healing process.
- Fortify Vita C Serum: This serum helps repair your skin’s natural barrier and improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and skin discoloration. Vitamin C, an antioxidant, neutralizes damaging free radicals that prematurely age your skin. Hyaluronic acid and niacinamide increase your skin’s moisture content.
- Reclaim Hydrating Support: This moisturizer restores the skin’s natural barrier and enhances retention of your skin’s natural moisture. Magnesium, zinc and copper peptide support formation of new, healthy collagen, increasing skin firmness and elasticity. Reclaim increases epidermal thickness, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Shield Zinc Oxide 21%: Tinted 21% zinc oxide provides physical UVA/UVB sun protection that blends to your skin’s natural tones. This sunscreen contains vitamin E, an antioxidant that protects your skin.
Using the SkinFuse skincare products after your SkinPen procedure helps improve the signs of aging, revive skin and reveal a beautiful complexion.
Book an appointment today and see if SkinFuse is right for you!